Prawn, Pork & Water Chestnut Dumplings
This dumpling recipe was handed down to me from my mum. It’s been in my family for 4 generations.
Whenever we had any kind of family get together, we would all gather around the table to make these dumplings. I can still remember the smell of these as tray after tray of these little parcels of joy filled the house.
- 125gm Prawn (whole green)
- 125gm Pork mince
- 2tsp Dried shrimp* (soaked in boiling water 20min)(optional fish sauce)
- 2.5cm Pickled turnip* (rinsed in hot water) (optional)
- ½ cup Chive
- 2 stalk Spring onion- (use all parts)
- ½ cup Water chestnut
- 2tsp Ginger - finely minced
- 2Tab Water
- ½ Tab Shaoshing rice wine*
- * available at Asian Grocery Store
- Soak the dried shrimp (hot water 10 min)
- Take ½ the prawn mix and ½ the pork mince put in the food processor. Give a few short pulses in the food processer ensuring you don’t over mix it. Remove to large mixing bowl. Cut the other prawns into about 8 pieces each and add to this mix.
- Finely chop all other ingredients including dried shrimp (can use food processor)
- Combine pork, prawn & all other ingredients in mixing bowl and stir until well combined
- Season & put in fridge for 20min to rest
- Follow instruction for wrapping as per demo
- Steam 8 min
- Serve with dipping sauce
- Recipe is for filling only.