- 350gm chicken mince (can use pork or combination of pork and chicken)
- ½ cup spring onion - use all parts
- ½ cup water chestnut - crushed
- 2 ½ tsp ginger - finely minced
- 3-4 shitake mushroom – soaked then finely chopped
- ¾ cup wombok cabbage – finely chopped
- 2Tab coriander - chopped
- 1 cup glutinous rice (soaked in cold water 3-4hrs or overnight
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch white pepper
- 1tsp sugar
- 2tsp light soy
- ½ Tab shaoshing rice wine
- 2tsp fish sauce
- 2Tab potato starch
- • Drain the rice well and spread onto a flat plate – set aside for rolling later
- • Finely chop spring onion, water chestnut and coriander
- • Grate or finely chop the ginger
- • Combine all ingredients, add seasonings & mix well.
- • Throw the mix against the inside of bowl to expel air and make the balls firm (pick up a
- handful at a time and literally throw it hard against the inside of a mixing bowl. It should make
- a slapping sound!) Keep throwing, one handful at a time.
- • Set up the bench with: med bowl of cold water, meat mixture, drained rice & 2 lined steaming
- • Start by wetting handsin the water bowl, then roll mixture into small balls about the size of a
- whole walnut
- • Roll these meatballs into the rice to coat
- • Place into steaming basket (close but not touching)
- • Steam 25 min
- Check out youtube clip see link above...
- Feel free to save some of the mixture, wrap it up in a dumpling wrapper, and make some yummy pot stickers!
The Humble Dumpling http://thehumbledumpling.com.au/