- Ingredients A
- 1 cup Silverbeet or Spinach
- 1 cup Wombok cabbage
- 1 cup Warrigal Greens
- Ingredients B
- 3 Shitake mushroom
- 25gm Bean thread vermicelli
- 3 Wood Ear mushroom
- Ingredients C
- 2Tab Coriander (all parts if tender)
- 2Tab Chive (garlic chive)
- 2Tab Spring Onion (white and green parts)
- ½ cup Pumpkin – Roast in oven until soft
- 2tsp light Soy
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 3 Potato Flour
- • Blanch Ingredients A. in boiling water for 1min. Drain, rinse and finely chop. This mix will reduce to approx 1 cup. Add to mixing bowl
- • Place ingredients B. into a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak until soft. Approx 20 min. Drain and chop finely discarding stalk of mushroom. Add to mixing bowl.
- • Chop ingredients C. very finely and add to mixing bowl
- • Roast the pumpkin until soft, then mash with a fork and add to mixing bowl.
- • Finally, add seasonings sprinkling in the potato flour last. Mix well to combine.
- The original recipe for this dumpling uses a little spinach juice to colour the dough a beautiful "jade green" See seperate recipe.
- Watch ABC Gardening Australia, Oct 19 to watch the making of these dumplings.
The Humble Dumpling http://thehumbledumpling.com.au/